Friday 16 August 2013

Can I Predict the Premier League?

Going to start a not so interesting experiment. Simply because many people are doing it. Heck, there are websites dedicated to them. Over the last few seasons I tend to guess how football teams would fare head to head in England's highest football league. I will confess I did say to my ol'man (Manchester United fan) in March 2012 that Manchester City could win the league. Bookmakers had them at 25/1. Low and behold, Manchester City won the league by goal difference. My ol'man hates losing.

Therefore, over the coming months I will be predicting the outcome for each weekend. This is how it's all going to work,

- I am not a pundit, football expert or own/work for a bookmaker. I will be using intuition and instinct for each match prediction.
- For each match I will say whether the result is a home win, away win or a draw. Unlike Mark (Lawro) Lawrenson, I will not predict the score. Simply I am useless predicting correct scores. However, I will mention the score Lawro predicts.
- I will compare my predictions to Lawro for comparison. The following weekend or whenever, I will state how many matches I had a right/wrong prediction and how I am faring compared to Lawro.
- I will also be offering the accumulator odds from William Hill based on a £1 stake. However, I must stress gambling can be mugs game and to read the Gamble Aware website etc... Also my predictions will not be 100% correct otherwise I am in the wrong job.
- I can confirm some bookmakers are offering cash out/cash in schemes. Where you can leave with less your original stake if everything goes wrong. However, if everything goes your way you can bank your winnings early at a fraction of your estimated returns but do you hold your nerve and win it all? It's basically Football Deal or No Deal.

My predictions were made on Tuesday 13th August. Mark Lawrenson's first set of predictions was published on the BBC website after 6pm on Friday 16th August.

Match
My Prediction
Lawro’s Prediction
Actual Result
Liverpool vs. Stoke City
Liverpool Win
Liverpool Win (1-0) 

Arsenal vs. Aston Villa
Arsenal Win
Arsenal Win (2-0)

Sunderland vs. Fulham
Draw
Draw (1-1)

West Brom vs. Southampton
West Brom Win
West Brom Win (2-1)

West Ham vs. Cardiff
Draw
West Ham Win (2-0)

Norwich vs. Everton
Norwich Win
Norwich Win (2-1)

Swansea vs. Man Utd
Draw
Draw (1-1)

Crystal Palace vs. Tottenham
Tottenham Win
Tottenham Win (2-1)

Chelsea vs. Hull
Chelsea Win
Chelsea Win (2-0)

Man City vs. Newcastle
Man City Win
Man City Win (2-0)


Comparing my predictions to Lawro. There are nine predictions that are the same with a slight difference with West Ham vs. Cardiff. I am predicting a draw whilst Lawro are going for a West Ham win.

If you decide to place an accumulator on my ten match predictions at William Hill and they all decide to go the right way, then...

£1 stake win you £1,680.26

If you decide to go with Lawro then..

£1 stake will win you £1,018.34

Can I predict the Premier League on the very first weekend? We will see at 10pm Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment